Holistic artist developer
As a Holistic Artist Developer, Purna helps artists understand simple music business planning in a way that ensures the strategies are always uniquely aligned with the artist's authentic Self (truest identity). This ensures artists are pursuing music in a way they can feel good and confident about. Every artist is unique and there is no "one size fits all" approach
Certified and trained in neuro-holistic trauma-informed practices, Purna also helps artists quickly identify root limiting beliefs or blocks due to emotional traumas, which can keep artists feeling stuck, overwhelmed, confused and frustrated both in their music careers and overall lives.
Working with Purna allows singers, songwriters, producers, artists, etc. to:
- Learn how to set clear goals, and track them
- Understand exactly what branding, marketing, analysis, etc. are (and are not)
- Identify their own brand
- Identify and work through root limiting beliefs, including emotional traumas
- Understand how to create a marketing plan for their needs
- Bypass the 24/7 social media content creation culture
- Create and implement a customized business plan with their personal lives, needs, responsibilities, limits, etc. in mind
- How to create a budget and timeline
- Feel confident, properly informed and supported moving forward
Purna primarily works in the genres of Top 100 pop, synth, indie/rock, folk and country. She offers both mentorship and long-term Holistic Artist Development plans. She identifies with and deeply understands the various needs of underrepresented groups, including women, LGBTQ, differently-abled, chronically ill, etc. and has been an inclusion advocate since 2009.
for artists who are:
- Coachable and humble
- Want to identify and work through limiting beliefs, emotional traumas or perception issues
- Goal-oriented and committed
- Able to follow a plan that is reasonable for their time, finances and lifestyle needs
- Crystal clear on their goals OR need help creating them
- Potentially experiencing voice challenges (projection, expression, discomfort, etc.) due to emotional fears and traumas
With over 13 years of experience in the music industry and in business, Purna has presented workshops annually with FACTOR Canada, Le MaMA Festival & Convention in Paris, France, and Rock Camp for Girls and Gender Non-Conforming Youth Montreal. She was a Representative on the Board of Directors and on their Inclusion Committee for two years at the English Language Artist Network Quebec (ELAN).
Purna has also assisted in teaching sound production and musicology at Concordia University and Carleton University, and has managed and collaborated on various audio-visual productions, including “I Shot the Monkey” by Mackenzie 1st, which received rotation on MusiquePlus and MTV.
Purna holds a Bachelor Degree in Communication Studies (Specialization in Sound Design), a Master Degree in Music and Culture (Musicology), and Certificates in Teaching Assistance, and Music and Creativity. She has had personal music industry learning experiences from David Usher, The Good Lovelies, Alyssa Jacey, Doak Turner, Deanna Walker, Tara Shannon, and more.
“I highly recommend Purna's service to any serious musician looking to work in the music industry. Purna is very professional and has a vast knowledge of the industry. Her dedication and passion makes working together effortless and actually fun. Her service has helped me identify my own target market as well as open a world of possibilities in terms of potential career opportunities I did not know even existed! 5/5 :)”
— Mauricio Reyes
“I sought Purna’s expertise on the art of networking as she clearly has lots of experience making worthwhile connections to support her vision and voice in the industry. From our short, straight-to-the-point mentorship session I got insight into tools Purna uses to approach speakers and potential collaborators to make the most of her time. This, coupled with her compassionate understanding of deeper issues and blocks which can make networking a daunting experience for some has given me more confidence and savvy skills to grow my network. I feel supported and energized to get out there again!”
— Isabel Meadowcroft (of Ziggy Jadovsky)
“Purna is an amazing mentor & coach. She knows how to adjust to your needs and is very understanding. Always encouraging artists to be true to themselves. I love working with her. If you are looking for someone to guide you with your music career, you won't regret working with her!”
— Kat Dion